10 best men’s wedding shoes for Asian and English weddingsThe wedding season has once again crept it’s shiny, joyous and quite frankly, expensive head into our lives, so whether you are the groom or the guest, you need to be prepared. Having attended a couple of family weddings already, my feet are feeling the strain so it is important to keep them comfortable and of course, stylish. Fortunately, Entouraaj is here to ease the burden and show you 10 of the best wedding shoes for men right now.
1. DERBY BROGUES - BY OLIVER SWEENEYThe reliable, trustworthy tan brogue was by far the most popular choice amongst men from recent wedding outings. Oliver Sweeney boasts a wonderful range and the Derby Brogue is a firm favourite of ours. With a fine product quality and sophisticated flair, you would never guess the company has a humble history of only 25 years. The subtle shades of brown make it a versatile shoe, easy to pair with a smart navy suit or a brighter, summer ensemble. If it is comfort you are looking for after bouncing around the dance floor, Oliver Sweeney shoes are designed with anatomical last technology, paralleling the movement and shape of your foot. Now you can dance to your hearts content. Check out our recent interview with Kish Raveendran to see how brogues are worn well. Available from oliversweeney.com for £199.00 (reduced from £279.00)
2. SLIPPERS - BY LOUBOUTINTheir red soles are synonymous around the world as a symbol of quality and sex appeal, so if you are really looking to make a statement this wedding season, look no further than Louboutin. Seriously, these bad boys are a showstopper. I’ll admit that they are not everyone’s cup of tea but take a leap of faith. Seen on the likes of Tiny Tempah and Will.i.am, this pair represent a good balance between smart and edgy. The loafer design makes them incredibly easy to wear but be sure to team them with a suit that will counter-balance their impact. Too many bold staple pieces and you run the risk of a fashion faux-pas. Given the anatomically defying dance moves we seem to achieve at Asian weddings, be careful not to poke any ones eyes out. Available from christianlouboutin.com for £925.00
3. WEAVED LOAFERS - BY TOPMANAt first glance it may by difficult to imagine a weaved loafer as appropriate wedding attire; but I implore you to use your imagination. With more and more Asian weddings taking place abroad, we can be inventive with our style. Summer weddings demand summer footwear (at the very least for practicality). With that in mind, you want breathable footwear. But remember, it is still a wedding so keep it smart. Topman’s weaved navy loafers tick all the right boxes. They are stylish and not overly casual – a fair compromise. The wooden base and leather material gives it all the feel of a shoe without actually being one. Picture this - the sun bouncing off your irresistible almond cotton suit topped off with these sleek, seductive navy loafers. All you need now is a cocktail and you’re ready to write your hashtag (you can thank us later). Available from topman.com for £46.00
4. PATENT DRESS SHOES - MOSS BROSMoss Bros are a favourite of ours here at Entouraaj and their dazzling black patent shoe is enough of a reason why. The shiny leather teases the eyes and instantly adds an expensive feel to your look. Everything you see is real leather so if you want quality at very reasonable price, this is the shoe for you. Patent shoes have a very dressy feel to them (clue is in the title), so extend your courtesy and compliment them with a sleek, smart suit. If it is price you are worried about, Moss Bros are offering this at a price busting £80. Sorted. Available from mossbross.co.uk for £80.00
5. MOJARI SHOES - BY DIYAONLINEOne of the greatest perks of being a British-born Asian is the wonderful exposure to two sets of cultures. On one side you have the very smart, conservative wedding attire of an English groom and on the other, an Indian explosion of colour and patterns. Often seen on the groom, mojari (traditional Asian shoes) are a fashion statement dating back centuries and they remain as popular as ever. These black embroidered mojari with their curved tips offer a regal feel without going over the top (unless that is what you want to do of course). Diyaonline offer a wide variety of colours so whether you are the groom, a guest or the best man, there is something for you. The costs vary but nothing is over £30 (fantastic, right?). The thin sole and general design of mojari mean you often have to sacrifice fashion for comfort. Sorry. Available from diyaonline.com for £17.99
6. DRIVER LOAFERS - BY GUCCIIf you are looking to add a pop of colour into your wedding wardrobe this season, Gucci’s summer palette offers a fine selection of leathers to grab your attention. There is no denying that a black shoe has its perks but these blue loafers are bursting with joyous, cheerful personality. If you are sucker for designer, look no further. Now I know what you are thinking: what would you wear them with? Fear not my fashion friend. We’re here to help. With a light blue leather like this, I would go with a sophisticated grey ensemble, a little like this one at Moss Bros. With an outfit like this, the next wedding you go to may well be your own! Available from gucci.com for £410
7. MONK STRAP SHOES - BY STEMARThere are some designs out there that just exude class and charm. This is definitely one them. You will not get very far along the high street without seeing the many incarnations of this shoe. The deep dark brown mean they will go with just about everything, but wherever you look, they are generally quite expensive. Lucky for you these sophisticated Stemar shoes are on sale! The double strap takes it from being quite an ordinary shoe to something far more interesting. The company have a rich history dealing with leather goods and pride themselves on the, ‘comfort and freedom of movement’ their shoes offer - perfect for an Asian wedding. Available from www.julesb.co.uk for £162.00 (reduced from £324.00)
8. ANKLE BOOTS - BY ZARA MANThere was a genuine sense of excitement when these rebellious ankle boots caught my eye. Luxury menswear designer Kenneth Cole led the way in his FW14-15 collection, showing us just how versatile boots really are. Boots like these are perfect if you’re looking to make statement without overwhelming yourself. The cheeky tassels and high cut ankle make these boots playful but smart enough for a wedding on English shores. As a natural effect of the boot design, you are getting good support and durability. Style advice? Team it with a smart skinny trouser to show off just how fashion savvy you really are. Admittedly, this look has an age restriction; so if you’re too old to wear a skinny trouser, these probably aren’t for you. Available from zara.com for £69.00
9. GLADIATOR SANDALS - BY POSTEWe want to stretch your style spectrum and show that ‘different’ can be a good thing. At first glance you may want to take these sandals and hit me over the head. Let me persuade you otherwise. Sandals have made an epic return to the fashion scene and have been featured in the collections of renowned designers like Givenchy and Tom Ford (and those guys know what they are talking about). Office stock a brilliant range and the, ‘Gladiator Sandal’ is one of our favorites. The Italian made, cross weaved leather supports your foot in all the right places. For weddings in warmer climates, they can be easily paired with a pastel, cotton suit, or, for a traditional wedding back at home, they are offer a no nonsense alternative to mojari’s. Not to mention Sherwani’s and Indo-western suits are notoriously difficult to match with shoes. Available from office.co.uk for £54.99
10. PENNY LOAFERS - BY KURT GEIGERIf the shoes thus far have sent shock waves through your fashion consciousness, let me ease the anxiety with a classic, chivalrous black shoe. It does just what it says on the tin. And what a specular looking tin it is. Kurt Geiger has fast become the shoe brand of choice and there is no denying there should be at least one pair in your wardrobe - so invest in a good one. These carefully crafted, ‘Ginger’ black loafers are smooth and seductive. The smart clean lines and soft lining are sure to put your feet in a good mood. Available from kurtgeiger.com for 165.00
There you have it guys - 10 of our best wedding shoe suggestions this wedding season. Tweet me yours at @mancanfashan.
For similar articles on wedding attire, take a look at these: