11 biggest Asian male style icons in 2015Style: ‘a mode of living, as with respect to expense or display’. Icon: ‘ a person considered as representing a set of beliefs or way of life. The meaning of those two words represents a unique meaning to us here at Entouraaj.com. We pride ourselves on propelling Asian fashion, culture and lifestyle in all its forms into the mainstream arena. Our style icons this year are helping us push that objective forward and demonstrate what can and has been achieved. So without further delay, here are our 11 biggest Asian male style icons in 2015.
1. IMRAN AMED – FASHION JOURNALISTIf anyone is changing the way we understand the mechanics of fashion through innovation and in-depth analysis, you can start with Imran Amed. As the Founder and CEO of online publication, Business of Fashion, he rubs shoulders with everyone from Karl Lagerfield to Tom Ford. The Canadian-British editor-in-chief is of Indian origin with a fashion palette just as interesting as his background.
2. ZAYN MALIK – MUSICIANAnyone that can rock blond hair and a Louis Vuitton print as bold and vibrant as this definitely deserves a place on our style icon list. The ex-one direction mega star has not been shy from experimenting with his style – something that has earned him Entouraaj.com’s ‘best-dressed man of the year’. After receiving an award for his contribution to music at the ‘Asian Awards’ and sitting front row at Paris Fashion Week, we are excited to see what this guy brings to the table next year.
3. TARUN NIJJER – MODELThe first Indian male model to appear in the runways for the quintessentially British brand: Burberry. This is a guy making movements to represent our message and give other young Asians out there inspiration for what can be achieved. At 19 years-old, Tarun is being featured in brands such as Carlos Camps and Todd Snyder appealing to everyone from the high street to high-end.
4. SUREN SENEVIRATNE - MUSICIANThis DJ, drummer, guitarist and overall multi-talented musician may not be very well known overground, but underground his sound vibrates and his fashion refreshes the more reserved folk amongst us. You can definitely see tones of his native Uganda emanating from his style. And those hand accessories speak for themselves!
5. LUKE SITAL SINGH – SINGER/SONGWRITERSending silky smooth notes into our ears, Luke Sital Singh is an artist who understands the concept of quality over quantity. After appearing on BBC’s Match of the Day earlier this year, he emerged into the consciousness of the British public. His disheveled hair and staple glasses go to show the importance of accessorising and individuality.
6. YAN DHANDA – SPORTS PERSONFew may be familiar with this fresh-faced sporting youngster. But let me assure you, this teenager is one to watch. Having only this month signed a £200,000 contract with Liverpool FC, he is the first man of Indian origin to sign a professional contract with the club. With his athletic frame and new found fame, we can be sure it will only be a matter of time before the fashion world starts knocking at his door.
7. RANBIR KAPOORBollywood royalty Ranbir Kapoor never fails to impress on the fashion front. A long with his good looks and good manners, you can often find him rocking everything from a kurta pajama (traditional Indian clothing) to luxury brands like Valentino and Kenzo. He is definitely doing his part to spread style around the Asian continent.
8. RIK MAKAREM - ACTORAs a familiar face on the silver screen, Rik Makarem plays Nikhil Sharma in the English soap, ‘Emmerdale’. His character offers a smart and sophisticated flair to our television screens, often appearing in smart business suits and starched collars like you wouldn’t believe. As a recipient of the Laurence Olivier bursary, this guy is seriously talented and seriously stylish.
9. FARHAN AKHTAR - ARTISTHe has been quoted as a fond believer in wearing what you are comfortable in; something which is evident throughout his style. As a musician, poet, actor and director, it is not surprising comfort takes priority – but he pulls it off incredibly well. So much so he has been appointed brand ambassador for ‘Code’ by Lifestyle. You can see him on the big screen next year for Rock On 2!
10. NIHAL ARTHANAYAKE – RADIO PRESENTERAs a permanent fixture on the BBC Asian Network, Nihal is master mediator and all round nice guy. When he is not on the radio you can find him gracing the website of Oliver Spencer modeling their Autumn/Winter 2015 collection. He is not afraid to add a pop of colour to his wardrobe (or standing on dodgy chairs apparently).
11. ANISH BHATT
Now this is a guy that knows a thing or two about watches. As founder of the blog Watch-Anish.com, his fashion sense is just as impressive as his watch collection. Admittedly confident and charismatic, you are never going to miss him in a crowd. Individuality is key. To find out more, check out our interview with him earlier this year.Tag me with your style icons of 2015 @mancanfashan
For similar article take a read of these: